Monday 6 March 2023

Titfield Thunderbolt Week!

It’s Titfield Thunderbolt Week, that official! Okay not really, but let’s just go with it because it’s 70 years since our favourite Ealing Comedy was released. Though I must say that Ladykillers is right there at the top as well, well in my mind anyway - and of course it has some great railway scenes during the climax. 

Looking through some photos earlier, this image of Pannier Tank 4631 trundling over the un-gated crossing next to The Miners Arms reminded me a little of the Titfield Thunderbolt scenes with the stolen locomotive performing a little street running. Apparently those scenes were shot in Richmond Park and Woodstock in Oxfordshire, the 14xx Class loco being a mock up mounted on a road vehicle. And talking of road vehicles, that looks like Beryl’s not very trusty Austin 7 parked up. She’s probably having a few gins I imagine. 

We’ve not seen Beryl for a while, the reason being like many of the other little people is that they’re all looking a little worn, the paint rubbing off with all the constant repositioning required to make up these cameos. But with this in mind, for a couple of hours yesterday before the dog took me for a walk to the pub, I touched up (no, not that way) the paint on some of our inch high regulars. I’ve also a couple of new characters as well, including a friend for Nasal Nigel who also has a special pocket. I think he might be known as Adenoidal Andrew, but if you my loyal readers have any suggestions I’m always listening. 

~~~~~🐾~~~~~

If you enjoy these posts, you can fuel my flawed creativity here www.buymeacoffee.com/Nevardmedi3

2 comments:

  1. Can I put a vote in for "Passport to Pimlico"? There are some undergraound train scenes, but mostly it's satirical. Or at least it was until a few years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adenoidal Andrew could have two special pockets, one for a copy of Playboy and the other for Model Rail, which he hides it behind. And of course there is always furtlin' Frank with hairy wine gums in his pockets, together with Perfidious Percival who you wouldn't trust anywhere near your wife or model railway together with Retentive Roger who counts rivets as his main pastime. Mike

    ReplyDelete

All posts will be approved before they go live, posts from spammers will be deleted and marked as spam.