Tuesday 4 April 2023

My Most Stolen Photo

 I wasn’t sure what I was going to post today, but this one came up from 2009 shortly after I extended Cement Quay by an extra 3 or 4 feet with an additional baseboard in preparation for Wycrail in High Wycombe. 

Though I must admit, I hadn’t checked whether in its extended form it would fit in to the car until the 11th hour and ended up have to do two round 60 mile return trips to get the layout to the show during the outer London Friday evening rush hour traffic. Lesson learned there! 

A few years ago I sold Cement Quay and the extra bit seen here to the Scottish Diesel Electric Group. They’ve since taken it all over the place including that there Europe. Give them a Google, they’re a fab lot.

This photo is possibly my most stolen, so hence the logo being quite big, but I’m sure some whizz would easily be able to remove it. But I work on the fact that those who poach photography are lazy and probably lack such skills. By the way a quick telephone call to the commercial retailer ‘who found it on Google’ sorted out the problem rather quickly. Picking up the phone is far more effective than email, and actually far more fun, because these days people don’t expect it. By the way, the retailer has since gone bust, shit happens.

And finally, please SHARE these posts of course, but if you want to use one commercially just message me, I don’t bite, unless I’ve skipped breakfast. 

~~~~~👀~~~~~

Thanks to my supporters www.buymeacoffee.com/Nevardmedi3

No comments:

Post a Comment

All posts will be approved before they go live, posts from spammers will be deleted and marked as spam.