Tuesday 16 July 2013

Ironstone wagons

A couple of free wagons from Model Rail's Peter Marriott. These will be ideal for the ironstone project after a little work. Not all will know that the current Bachmann offering dates back to Mainline of the 1980's. The current version (brown) has much better chassis tooling. The old one will need some fettling to match. I think I have some white metal brake rigging castings that can be spliced in. Of course I could buy a new one. But that rather defeats The object.

Photos of the Ironstone Quarry Project http://www.flickr.com/photos/nevardmedia/sets/72157634128967801/ 

Previous BLOG post on this project http://nevardmedia.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/vobster-high-dykeironstone-quarry.html

2 comments:

  1. Now that brings back a few memories! That wagon was one of many from 'Mainline' that I didn't manage to get when I was young, Hornby were always so much easier to find! Kind regards, Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Of course I could buy a new one. But that rather defeats The object." Absolutely! I agree, there's much more satisfaction in turning something just OK into a greatly improved model.

    ReplyDelete

All posts will be approved before they go live, posts from spammers will be deleted and marked as spam.