Sunday 18 November 2012

Gunpowder Van

This afternoon I finally finished the Parkside Dundas (PC86) GWR 10 Ton Gunpowder Van Z2 kit that's been in the workbench for a few weeks.

The lettering/numbering is homegrown and a chance to try out the Crafty Computer Paper DIY transfer sheets.

Painting and weathering is my usual build up of washes, blobs of paint and dry brushing. I prefer to work this way over airbrushing these days. These steel bodied wagons are always a joy to replicate with the tin worm which took over due to our wet climate.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris, your setup is Amazing and our inspiration! My son(12), hubby and me-if I get a look in, are just starting out and you certainly give us something to aspire too. Massive, beautiful heights!

    I have found I'm pretty good at model making (humble cough) and I want to weather them all, buildings, turntable and all rolling stock and locos. Can you please give me an idea of what paints to use. I will be brushing not airbrushing. Acrylics seem pretty common.What thinks you?

    ReplyDelete

All posts will be approved before they go live, posts from spammers will be deleted and marked as spam.