|Model Rail Live|
The wharf edge scene here uses very little in the way of bespoke model railway scenic items;
- The leafy growth is the only model railway scenic item, it being dyed sawdust over sea-moss.
- The water is PVA over grey paint, though one could use and expensive resin 'water'.
- The water lily leaves are blobs of green paint over the PVA base, encapsulated under layer of clear gloss varnish.
- The grass/reeds are traditional plumbers hemp, search Ebay if your pumbers merchant doesn't stock it any more (updated: B&Q stocks it - thanks Mr Hand). You could cut up and old doormat or paint brush instead.
- The straggelly green bits are fresh moss from the garden, given a good soaking in cheap hairspray to preserve it. All that's needed is to paint the tips mauve to give the effect of flowering buddleia maybe?