Monday 1 January 2018

Layout in a Box!

Brakevan rides today!
Happy New Year!

Apologies for the lack of posts here, I've been rather busy with photographic shoots for Model Rail magazine and more recently a few commercial model making commissions. Drop me a line

Enough of that, back in the autumn I was approached to build a layout in a box. I must admit to not really looking at plastic storage boxes to house a layout until then, but the owner needed to be able to store the layout under a bed or on-end in a cupboard when not in use.

Everything had  to be completely self contained in a foot print of 80 x 30cm - and being a fan and serial builder or micro layouts, I enjoy the challenge to see what can be squeezed in, whilst still creating a believable scenario so this was right up me street.

The scenario to be depicted was that of the early days on the Bluebell Railway, featuring a truncated railway halt for brake van rides - Freshfield Halt being some of the inspiration with the line running through a shallow cutting.
The layout is fully scenic, this end can be used as a fiddle yard.
Nice an tidy - just 80 x 30cm! There's scope for projects like this to be extended

If you enjoy these daily post, feel free to buy me a bev  https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Nevardmedi3

9 comments:

  1. Chris
    May I ask about the box. Is it from the Really Useful Box Co and if so what size (litres)? Thank you.
    Christopher Payne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whitefurze Allstore Container, Plastic, Natural, 27 Litre 81cm x 28cm x 16cm

      Delete
    2. Chris
      Thank you.
      Christopher Payne

      Delete
  2. Hello Chris! I like this small world so much!!! Can i ask you what steam locomotives you used ? And what railroad era? Thank you! It is simply outstanding layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a commission for someone. I’m not sure what engines they use. 1960s I think.

      Delete
  3. Excellent models Chris - I strive to your standard.........rian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Compact and scenic - a step beyond the 'Layout in a boxfile'

    ReplyDelete

All posts will be approved before they go live, posts from spammers will be deleted and marked as spam.