Friday 12 April 2024

On This Day in History

I was looking for something else and this image from this very day 31 years ago on 12 April 1993 popped up of Pannier tank No. 1618 as it nears Tenterden on the Kent & East Sussex Railway. I grabbed on my Mamiya C33 with 80mm Sekor, Fujichrome RDP100. 

I wonder if this view is still possible? Hopefully, for preserved lines are much better at trimming their bushes than those on the national rail network. But I’ve a hunch the tree might not be there, some of the overhanging branches look a little past their prime. 

Looking outside this year, spring looks a little more advanced than that of 31 years ago, but of course every year it varies a little one way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All posts will be approved before they go live, posts from spammers will be deleted and marked as spam.